The majority of projects that require architectural acoustics are likely to entail specialist advice relating to the following design issues:
- Room Acoustics
- Sound Isolation
- Speech Intelligibility
- Speech Privacy
Typical design activities within these areas are:
- Control of external noise to a building and control of noise within a building.
- Privacy between offices, residential apartments, complexes, lecture rooms
- Acoustic design of listening rooms for speech and music.
- Advice on room layout and selection of internal finishes.
- Design of specialized acoustic treatment.
- Control of external noise emissions from services.
- Preparation of specifications and liaison with consultants.
- Investigations of problems in existing installations.